To land your dream job, you need to STAND OUT.
So, let’s get realllyyyy creative…
1. CANVA – Start here.
Canva is a FREE graphic design site with amazing resume templates (as well as templates for social media, flyers, etc).
Match your design with the company (color, look).
2. PROFESSIONAL PROFILE – A ~3 line summary.
1. Who you are.
2. Your value prop.
3. Your alignment with job/company.
4. Your project (read more).
Dissect the job description. Tailor your skills, experiences, and profile to the keywords, requirements, and values.
Apply to just 3-5 jobs at a time. This takes work.
3. PITCH A PROJECT – Solve a problem BEFORE you start!
A friend introduced me to this amazing concept and recommended using Adobe Spark to create a visual story.
Create a custom page for the target company, and include a link to this page in your resume.
1. More about you.
2. Your fit and values (align with the company).
3. A project you propose (and how you will implement).
Make sure this solves a real problem in the organization.
Do your research (ask/network).
4. NETWORK – Send your visual story to someone within the company. Ask for intros.
In your message: reference the job, who you are (establish credibility), and project.