Courage means being afraid, but acting anyway. 😉
Here are 7 ways you can be more courageous and start something new:
1. Know that just the beginning is the scary part.
2. Nervous energy is, well, ENERGY! Channel that energy to help you power through and conquer!
For example – if you’re nervous before a speech (think rapid heartbeats and trembling) – tell yourself it’s excitement!
Our reaction to anxiety and excitement are physiologically very similar. You can pick how you choose to interpret and express it!
3. Confidence is an outcome. Courage is all you need to get started, and far more important.
4. Practice positive self-talk and affirmations. Celebrate your wins and focus on the positive results.
5. Get started by accomplishing a small, unintimidating task.
If you’re still having trouble getting started – maybe your first step is too big! Make it smaller.
Less talking, more action! Start making moves – right after this post!
6. Know that courage is learnable! Try something new each day to explore and test boundaries.
It can be as small as ordering something experimental off the menu, or listening to a podcast on something you know nothing about.
7. Be clear about what you want, and be absolutely relentless in pursuing that goal. Visualize your success!